Features you are interested in

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Hi

As you must have seen, I have the following features planned
- Start/Stop/Shutdown/Turn-off virtual machines
- Create/Modify Virtual Machines
- Create/Modify Virtual Switches
- Create/Compact/Modify VHDs (Fixed/Dynamic/Differencing)
- Modify Virtual System Management Service Settings (Default VHD/Data Location/Etc)
- Display VM->Virtual Switch -> Virtual Networks association
- Create/Delete/Modify Virtual Networks (Of course, add them to an existing VM)

I want to use this discussion thread to understand if there is anything else you are interested in.

Thanks
Ravi
Nov 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM
First of all, many thanks for developing this tool, this could very well become the THE Hyper-V tool for Server Core management!

Haven't tested your tool yet, but will do it within a few days/weeks.

One more thing, will it be possible to include something like vmconnect.exe so I can locally control the screens of my VM's?
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Thanks for the interest in this tool. Regarding VMConnect, today -- for all my VMs on Hyper-V Server or Server Core -- I use an automated install process and then enable remote desktop / management. It provides a way to do lot of things without console access to VM. However, for lot of other things, it is very important to have console access to VM from the same physical host. I am sure we can port this binary from a full OS install to Server Core. Needs a bit of time and energy. I will get back to you...

Ravi
Dec 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM
I saw that you had good progress on porting vmconnect to Server Core, can't wait till you have a working version, thumbz up for you!
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 1:31 PM
I will complete this soon. I have not been keeping well and not having enough interest to sit on a debugger for this.
Jul 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Just to let you know, I discovered this gem today.

It's an absolute god send! It should be part of the default HyperV server build its that good! (just like HVremote has been incorporated into R2!).

Its always been a minor annoyance that once installed, you're completely dependant on Remote tools to view the status of the server. Simple things like starting/stopping or viewing the status of VM's should be part of the core OS and thanks to these scripts, now are.

Fantastic stuff and a big thank you!

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad it could help you. I am seriously thinking about reviving this tool and giving it a complete face lift. Will let you all know soon.